The BTO is supporting UCLA’s campus-wide effort in response to the COVID-19 global pandemic - COVID-19 Campus Emergency Operations Group.
This team’s directives include:
- Immediate response to rapidly-changing circumstances and guidance from all levels of government
- Highly-detailed, just-in-time communication and coordination across every area of campus
- Collection and distribution of data to accurately assess status and risk
- Operational and administrative support to Health System patients and staff, faculty and students transitioning to remote learning, research labs, and other essential operations, employees working in-person and remotely
- Coordination with sister public safety agencies
- Full compliance and tracking of all activity according to government requirements
- Managed creation and implementation of Covid 19 Contact Tracing with an emphasis on privacy, compliance, timely response, and consistent execution of known best practices to achieve a minimal spread of COVID-19
The BTO is providing project management support, ad-hoc tools solutions creation, user-friendly processes, and resources to analyze and distribute information to support the campus-wide effort. As the course of the pandemic unfolds, the team continues to refine their processes to support UCLA’s ability to fulfill its mission and ultimately return to normal operations.
BTO specific updates include:
- COVID-19 Campus Emergency Operations Group and the Emergency Operations Committee (EOC) activated on 3/17/2020.
- EOC Hub active as of 3/17/2020 providing portal for Status and Data submission and information repository.
- Primary Status and Data collection tools active (using GoogleTools); Daily Reports are being generated as of 3/19/2020.
- BTO is providing data collection and research resources to Facilities Management.